Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pay off

Zoolander made it past the preliminary round of voting! It's down to 8 people now. I guess there were a bunch of people running. He may not make it, but hey, he made it to the final 8, right?

I have the Mother of all headaches. Too many late nights. Last night I was painting stars and moons on a cub scout space derby. I need to finish with the suns and he can put the fins on. The derby is tonight. I've been working on getting "My Life's Journey" book put together enough to show at the Stake YW leadership meeting tonight. We're giving our ideas on what we're doing to each ward. We've got our New Beginnings Theme "Constant as the North Star" with the star book for lesson handouts, a star necklace, etc, Our 'This and That' book for our life skills how to's , and our Personal History book that I already mentioned. No time for anymore than that.
This is our little star book. It holds 4x6 cards (or pictures, it's actually a mini photo album, holds about 36) I cut the stars on my cricket out of silver vinyl. Peel and stick. Very easy. We make our handouts to that size. They will have a fun little record of cool quotes, pics, and lesson reminders for the year. We hope they will use the little book and not throw handouts away. We presented all this at New Beginnings.

This is the necklace we gave each girl for the year. When you buy in bulk, it's amazing how inexpensive it can be.


This is the Personal History book or "My Life Story". There are 3 sections. First, Year by Year, two page spreads on each year of life. Left side has a typed Year in the News column. Right side has a column for special events for that year in the girls life. The rest of the space is for a few pictures. (We didn't want to overwhelm them)
Second section is Ancestors: Where I Came From with geneology charts, places for pictures of family members etc and stories of their lives.
Third section is the Spiritual things: Certificates like blessings, baptism, partriarchal blessings, YW recognition etc. We in our second year of working on this book. I also think they should put a copy of their birth certificate and future marriage in this section. If you want more details, let me know.
I will probably include either another section or add to the last section for other achievements like camp certificates, school certificates etc. Individual personal progress recognition.
I don't have a pic of our "This and That" book, only individual pages so far. Still putting that together...
Gotta run. Have a missionary assignment to take care of, primary lessons to distribute for sunday, and phone calls to make. Love to all


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Congrats to Soccer boy/Zoolander/very cool cousin of my alyssa!