Sunday, March 8, 2009

I tired

2 talks and a lesson. Done. Great times. Glad it's over.

I spoke at one of my YW's baptism on Saturday afternoon. Very happy day. A long time coming. Can't express feelings.

I spoke in Sacrament meeting the next day. Missionary Mom talk. Easy. Glad it's over.
Taught YW lesson in class. How to appreciate your parents :)

Looking forward to relaxation class on YW activity night. Hope I don't fall asleep and snore on my yoga mat.

Daylight savings in force now. Set the clock wrong and was 10 minutes late to Correlation meeting this morning at 7:30am. Hope I was tucked in and sort of put together. Reminds me of a few weeks ago when we had a ward temple night. My neighbor and I were hurrying to get changed into our regular clothing after a wonderful evening. We walked side by side out towards the prayer rolls where I stopped for a minute to add some names. The next thing I knew she was calling my name. I turned to look and she turned her back to me. There, exposed to all the cute little temple workers was her backside with her dress and slip caught up completely in the waistband of her nylons. I choked back my laugh, we both started laughing so hard I had to plug my nose to stifle my giggling. I was leaning over the prayer roll desk, trying to gain my composure, but I was laughing so hard I was crying. I guess some cute little matron stopped her before she went out into the foyer. "Sister, oh Sister! Don't leave yet!" The more we talked about how she could have possibly gotten her entire skirt caught including her slip without feeling the bulk in her waistband, the harder we laughed. This is my neighbor who repaints her house so often, we joke about her rooms getting smaller with all the layers. This is the neighbor who accidently sprayed her pizza pan with pledge instead of pam. And who walked around town with the fly of her pants open. She also managed to get herself locked behind the gate in one of the canyons when she came back from a hike too late and had to spend the night in her jeep (they high centered it on a boulder trying to go around the gate and had to back it down and stay overnight. Her husband was with her) She provides the neighborhood with endless stories and big laughs. Oh that everyone could have a neighbor like that...unless that neighbor ...is you.

No comments: