Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's November already?

I finished my one day job as a Poll Manager for the General Election yesterday. It was a very interesting experience and a little nerve racking to feel so responsible for the proper handling of the voting machines as well as taking care of the voters. I had the opportunity to drive to the court house with 2 other poll workers and deliver the votes to be counted. There were security officers there. A press photog was there. Everything we brought was inspected and checked in. We got to watch (for about 10 minutes as our supplies were checked in), the vote count being processed and put up on a big screen. We thought we would have to wait for a hour to get checked in and be able to leave, but it ended up being about 15 minutes. The County is impressively efficient. There are over 1000 precincts delivering the votes last night. We were one of the earlier arrivals I guess. It was a long day, but a great experience.
In previous news, my family was asked to be in a TV ad for a Christmas promotional giveaway in October. It was set up at the front of my house. (We had to remove any Halloween evidence and replace it with Christmas decorations. The Jazz Bear and 4 jazz dancers came along with the camera crew.
It was set up like a sweepstakes with me being the winner. So here are a few pics from that day.

Ringing the doorbell...
2 of my sons are in this pic

My husband the "announcer"
The "Jazz Band" players













1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Wow-you're famous-at least in Utah. Can I have your autograph?