Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Pioneer Day!

We went to a friendly soccer game last night with RSL playing a team from Costa Rica. Since it's not a league game then it's not counted and is considered friendly. After a dozen or so friendly fights, you should a seen the friendly smack the CR Keeper gave one of our friendly players! There was a fair amount of friendly booing every time their keeper got the ball, and luckily there was no friendly ice or cups throwing from the friendly fans. There was however a friendly player from each team tossed out of the game by the friendly ref. Costa Rica did save face in the international world by beating us 2-1. It wasn't as exciting as normal, but again it was just a friendly match...

After the game, the stadium treated us to some Pioneer day fireworks. I stood in the aisle and was compelled to dance to "You're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love" . Those handcart songs really inspire me!

I was also plotting inbetween bombs bursting in air with a good friend of mine to line my son up on a blind date. Get this, the young lady has actually seen his picture with a Dwight Schrute hairdo and still wants to go out with him! Go figure

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, head ache etc, actually more accurately I never went to sleep because of a sore throat, head ache etc., but I got up at 6:30am and helped with the flag routes. Dang, I think I deserve a pat on the back for that, or maybe even a gold star on my forehead! Gotta go, the dog is whining...

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Go take some echinacea....hope you feel better soon