Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm trying something new. Since I seem to be getting chronic sinus infections, I decided instead of visiting the doctor every few month for more antibiotics, I would venture out and see what else there is.



So I got the Neti pot.



It's not some new fangled toilet or some special hybrid marajuana or anything. Just a little tea pot kind of thing that you put salt water in and pour up your nose.



Now I don't know about you, but the last time I put anything up my nose was a possible chubby finger at the age of 2. Maybe a number of straws which also included my ears... but water?



Pouring water up your nose on purpose? How insane is that? ...ok, I did it.
It kind of looks like something more for burning candles, incense or even housing a genie with 3 wishes... not a sinus assault device. I'll let you know if it works if or when the headache clears..

4 comments:

Mari said...

Hmm, and when you put flowers in it, it also doubles as a lovely centerpiece! Good luck using it, please don't drown yourself.

Marilyn said...

Ummm-yes. I know all about those and they are highly recommended by the ENT docs. So good luck. Make sure you use sterile water when you make your saline solution!

LHammer said...

I haven't used anything as elegant as a neti pot, but I have put salt water up my nose. Works great, once you get used to it. I think I just used a giant eye dropper.

GinnyC said...

Dear Lou,
After you use the neti pot. It doesn't seem so elegant...