Thursday, September 11, 2008

Owwie

I got a little owwie the other day. I was in a hurry-- on my way to get the cookie monster to a soccer game and needed to stop at the grocery store for a couple of 'Mini me' sandwiches they sell. I knew we would both be hungry and the game was a half hour drive away, so I stopped and we jumped out of the car and ran in and grabbed some mini me's and water and a few chips and hurried thru checkout as fast as anyone can hurry that is and got on our way.

The snow and ice remover was under the driver's seat. The flat scraper end was sticking out, so when I hurried to get out of the car to run into the store, I caught my leg on the edge of the scraper. Ouch! It hurt. It left a whitish line. No damage. Run! By the time we got to check out, that whitish line was bleeding. No time for bleeding boo boos! Run!
Back in the car, I found a kleenex while cookie monster found his first aid kit in his soccer bag and gave me a bandaid and some ointment. What a boy scout!
Bandaid covered owwie and so we were off to the game. No worries. The next day I went for my usual hike up the hill with the doggie, got home to shower and lo and behold my owwie had blossomed into an early Halloween decoration!!
Here it is. Ugh!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Owie!

Jessica said...

Halloween decorations can never come too soon in my book - except for this kind. I tried to avoid those types of decor :( hope it feels better soon.

LHammer said...

My legs are like bananas. One touch and I have a bruise. I think we inherited it from our mother, bless her.