Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cookie Monster

I've made a few New Year's resolutions. I've tryed to keep it to 2 goals, because I'm hoping to make it past January. They are: Exercise regularly, and stop eating high fat sugar items that are actually keeping me warm from the extra insulation, but that needs to come off so I can squeeze into my levis. I started my exercise 2 days ago, yes I know, a little late, but going for a walk outside can be hazardous to your health or your tail bone around here depending on where you land when you slip...

But the dog has been climbing the walls and chewing up my new spatulas (which, by the way, are kept in a drawer with kiddie locks. He knows how to open them), so before I pull out the old scout trebuchet and launch him into the next neighborhood, I thought it would be good for both of us to get some fresh air. It was a lovely day, one of the first days of sunshine in a long time and Benny was prancing along with his ears flapping. He was so happy, you'd think he won the dog bone lottery. It's about a 3 mile trek up the hill and back where we live and by the time we got back, I needed a nap and Benny was still prancing.

I haven't exactly started the other resolution yet. Every time I get my will power up and my resolve set, the cookie monster shows and makes cookies. Yummy, gooey chocolate chip coooookies. Bless his heart. In my desire to be a supportive and helpful mother, I provide him with everything he needs and offer to taste test each batch, you know, to make sure they are suitable for the rest of the family. I have even pointed at interesting things through the window with one hand while I grab a handful of cookies with the other. He knows something is going on, because the pile of cookies diminishes, but he usually blames his brother, boy #5. I guess he hasn't noticed the cookie tire I'm sporting around my middle. The neighbors have though. The wheels are turning in their heads, "so how far along do you think she is??... could she really be pregnant at her age?!" Yes, yes, it's true. I'm going to have a 10 pound chocolate chip!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

yay-what a good day, everyone updated their blogs and they all made me laugh....Alyssa is our cookie monster....FABULOUS choc chip...

jen said...

LOL! You are just like me except I'm my own cookie monster. Look at my blog for today & you'll see. :)
~J