Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life Skills

In YW we are learning life skills this year. Last week we made bread by hand and sent the girls home with their own bread pan with bread dough ready to bake. This week we learned how to knit scarves. They all went home with their own knitting needles and a scarf in progress. Next week we have individual class activities. I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do-- learn to make jam... or maybe homemade pies. Maybe we'll just watch American Idol.Hee!

4 comments:

LHammer said...

How about something with budgeting? Or sewing? Or exercise? Hmmm, maybe I need to come too

Marilyn said...

I agree with Lou-budgeting is good. I love that you finally have a picture of yourself on your blog.

Jessica said...

Those are REALLY cool ideas...Thanks.

GinnyC said...

Hey lou, I didn't list everything we are doing. It's an enire book called "This and That". It includes everything including sewing and budgeting and relationship skills and laundry tips and cleaning and organizing tips and recipes and tons more. It's a huge project...what was I thinking?