Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's hangover Thursday


It's hangover Thursday today. You know how you feel like you've been run over by a mack truck? Well, I'm TIRE-D!


I LOVE THE YOUNG WOMEN! I just need more energy, more stamina, more exercise, More sleep, MORE CHOCOLATE!


It was New Beginnings last night. We made glass bead bracelets for the new girls coming in this year in the colors of the values. You can see it in the picture. I told a brief overview of the "Daffodil Principle" about the woman who planted a mountain valley of daffodils (50,000 of them) one bulb at a time. I compared the girls personal progress values to seeds that they were planting in their lives. I asked 7 older girls to read a few lines about each 'seed value' as they held a flower in each color. When they were done, they put their flower in a glass vase. I asked a guest speaker to take the rest of the time. It turned out nice. So today, I'm tire-d.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

i'm tire-d today too but i don't have any excuses like you do-young women....makes me tire-d just thinking bout it!

LHammer said...

I hate to tell ya, big sis, but yer just gettin' started! Ha! Working with the youth is great, tho, isn't it? No place I'd rather be.

Amy said...

Thanks for the great idea Aunt G! I'm in the young women now too. Laurel Adviser...didn't I just leave that place not too long ago? :)